Translate

Friday, August 31, 2012

Crochet Baby Pixie Hat


 Hat and glove season approaches! I plan to get rid of a lot of bits and pieces of the stash this year, First I was thinking of some baby hats and I'd seen pictures of a pixie hat. This is too cute. The only patterns I found though where either knit or much more triangular then I wanted. I like the round bowl effect, the others looked like modified Santa hats. So... Ta DA.
The edging is alternating front and back post stitches,. Ehhh. I'm not super loving it, but its different at least. I do like the twists on the tail though. They are only pinned on in the pic so the joining will look better and it will be fuller when I add the purple. They should be 'baby safe' to chew on. You could possibly even add a nuk. The tail itself is much shorter then the 'photo prop' hats I've seen, you could shorten it more if your worried about it during actual use. Or lengthen it to use in your pictures. Please don't re post my patterns.links are fine.


Crochet Baby Pixie Hat

I hook, worsted weight yarn (4) in MC - (main color) purple and OC - (Off color) white

!  join throughout is a slip stitch in the first dc of round, 1st dc on next round is made in same st
!!  for color change work to last yarn over (yo) of last dc and pick up alt color to pull through remaining loops, then complete join

1. Magic circle, ch 2, 6 dc in circle, pull closed, join
2. ch 2, dc in ea st around, join
!!! Change color for next row and every other row forward
3. - 19.  ch 2, dc in ea st around, join
20. ch 2, 2 dc in next dc, dc in next 2 sts, 2 dc in 4th dc, dc in next 2 sts, join
21. ch 2, 2 dc in next st, dc in next 3 sts, 2 dc in 5th st, dc in next 3 sts, join
22. ch 2, 2 dc in next st, dc in next 4 sts, 2 dc in 6th st, dc in next 4 sts, join
23. ch 2, 2 dc in next st, dc in next 5 sst, 2 dc in 7th st, dc in next 5 sts, join
24. ch 2,* 2 dc in next st, dc in next 3 sts * repeat around (3x), dc in last st, join
25. ch 2,* 2 dc in next st, dc in next 2 sts*, repeat around (7x), join
26. ch 2,* 2 dc in next st, dc in next 2 sts*, repeat around (9x), dc in last st, join
27. - 30. ch 2, dc in ea st around, join


!!!! the hat is basically finished, the next few lines depend on what you want the edging to look like. Mine is as follows but I also considered making a small ribbed edging. Ch 6, sc in 2nd from hook across using back loops only, row count would be 5 less the row 30 st count (as the ribbing should stretch) then whip stitch the pieces together.

31. ch 2, *fp dc around next dc, bp dc around next dc*, repeat around, do not change colors, join
32. ch 1, sc in ea st around, join, fasten off. weave in ends

!!!!! Most hats have a pompom, I temp attached a curly-q, I may add purple curly-qs to the white and call it done, I’m not sure I like the ideal of a fuzzy/shedding pompom anywhere near where the child could get it in their mouth.



2 comments:

  1. Yeah sorry bout that copy n paste didnt work out to well. Cant seem to fix it though

    ReplyDelete
  2. update there are actually 31 rows before edging for the hat in pic. row 31 is a repeat of 30

    ReplyDelete