Translate

Tuesday, October 2, 2012



This is a small baby blanket, like a stroller blanket, done in yellow Bernat baby yarn. The yarn was in a huge ball, looked more like a big Easter egg and is chunky for a baby yarn. Which makes the blanket sooo soft. Its a granny style stitch. I got the yarn at Walmart when they were remodeling for $1 a ball. Just didn't know what to make with the unusual yarn. It wasn't hard and apposed to different working with the strange texture. I ended the blanket early just to be done with the project.. It is pretty and the baby sweater I was originally going to make with it would have looked and felt nice the stitch was just too tight for this yarn.
 I made a few accessories in a regular yellow worsted weight yarn and used the Bernat at trim to make it match. The bib is a variation of a thread bib by Annie's Attic I remember making years ago. I didn't write the pattern down as I went. It's just the center "v" piece with a flat boarder and the trim done in a sc, ch2, sc pattern to get a tiny ruffle. The collar was joined to the left side and worked up, then across top and back down right side. There is a crochet button for a closure.
I ran across an easy pattern on Red Heart for Baby Boots crochet Pattern. I didn't make mine as tall and added the little ruffle instead. ( I stopped pattern after round 7, then added trim) The only thing I don't like about these is the tie. It's hard to hide the ends of a single chain. The next item is a Nuk strap. One end goes thru the nuk ring and the other around the stroller bar or store kart. Again with crochet buttons. No more lost nuks. My son used to throw his and then cry because it was gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment