Translate

Sunday, June 3, 2012

finishing touches on crochet book cover

Yup it's done!
I had a few details to take care off. First sewing on the strap, which I forgot to do before sewing inside panels to cover. It wasn't too bad. my poor fingers got stuck a few times, but I highly recommend sewing the strap Before the rest is assembled.  As well as the closing strap and toggle.

 The toggle and closure where the only parts I didn't have done previously. And that was because I wasn't sure I was going to include them. But the toggle was easier to make then I imagined. Just remember to sew all those outside embellishments before you work on the inside.

 Not that you can tell but that book is Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in there just to give you an ideal of size. 541 pages of 1/8 " script in a 6"x1"x91/4" binding.

My original dimensions for the cover 61/2"x2"x10"

While the book shown is a relatively small hardback the cover should do well as long as the book isn't wider then 2in. And anything in the zipper would bulk it slightly.
I had thought of perhaps adding to the inside edging to cover the pages when the cover is shut, but I'm not sure if that wouldn't just get in the way without being more appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment