Translate

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Winter Weather Set in Pink

So the neighbors gave my parents a "Thanksgiving Day' gift. So maybe they aren't as bad as their hellion of a daughter. So I decided that the blanket for the baby would come as a Christmas present and I'd make the girl a little something. Why I have all this pink yarn I don't know. I hardly ever have pink projects. I have 2 boys. Blue I could understand but alas I have an over abundance of pink yarn so I hope the kid next door likes pink.

I was going to make a cowl just because it seemed faster but I found the center piece of this scarf in my yarn bin. It was a test piece for a mile a minute pattern for an afghan. It was just a series of popcorn stitches I probably intended to unwind, its been like that for over 2 yrs, so why waste it. Add a few shell stitches in white and pink and then a darker border and there is a nifty scarf...in pink.

I'd been making my mother headbands which I'm sure she didn't appreciate when she told me I ought to make them wider to cover the ears for winter. I've seen these online and they happen to be very fashionable. So I altered what I was already doing and added 2 buttons in the back to adjust for size a bit and a pretty rose on the top...in pink.




I made my son try that headband on. HAh! So now I'm not sure if it's a tiny bit small or my son has a big head. So I found a nice fashionable hat to add to the set. It's called a Kingston hat and I figure with the 6 in fro my Lil friend next door sports on occasion this might work for her. It's really cute...and it's pink





Lastly we have Mittens! I really liked these. I think my son's are getting pairs maybe even a pair for me. A nice pair to match my wrist warmers and I could wear them over top. Or maybe I could just make a mitten end to attach to my warmers. I had a nice fleece pair like that once but everything of mine disappears. Hazard of being a mother I think.  So I think it's a nice set. Stuffed into one of the traditional Stockings I made. I'll make a first Christmas stocking for her new baby brother but I don't think the blanket would fit inside. I am working on a Christening Shawl for him but I don't think I'll have it done in time considering I'm now procrastinating on here and tomorrow I have an early meeting about my son, which will be Friday and all I know is that he is to be christened this weekend. And I'll probably play WOW after this. So there is a 60/40 chance that project will end up in the missed gifts bin. Shrug.

No comments:

Post a Comment