Translate

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wrist warmers in brown

Well these are the wrist warmers I made for my aunt to go along with the infinity scarf n purse. This is a different yarn and not the same color, but it is heartier that I think will suit itself to more use.


My aunt is small so these are purposely smaller then I made my own warmers.
The design is also slightly different. I made the cuff first. It is dc front post stitches, the starting chain I measured to be 7 inches long which tuned out to be 30 chains for me. It's 5 rows tall with each row slip stitched to join. After the 5th row, not detaching the yarn although you could, I made a foundation dc chain of 19 dc long. repeat that back n forth for 12 rows. Use an even amount of rows so you can slip stitch the piece closed from finger tips to wrist. (5 sl st, then only slip stitch on one side leaving a hole for thumb, then finish to end. The two "gloves" are made exactly the same except for the sl st for thumb hole I always made the single sided sl st on the top side of glove, which you just reverse sides for other glove) At that pt I flipped the cuff inside out and whip stitched the cuff to the hand piece. I finished the top edge with a smaller hook and one row of single crochet. There is also 2 rows of sc with two dec in second row around thumb hole, just for comfort and look.  I noticed on my own pair the last 2 stitches under the thumb pull open, which is fine but I'm thinking the sc around with hold those stitches in place or perhaps if I make myself another pair I will leave more then 5 stitches for the thumb, 7 I would guess. The gap may be to large then though. :) Do whatever you think best the stitches aren't pulled entirely apart they are just loosened.

No comments:

Post a Comment