Translate

Friday, September 27, 2013

Crochet cell phone covers

I have a cheap cell phone to use for emergencies. I'm not stressing over its condition but it does have a fairly decent size screen and nothing to protect it should I toss it into my purse. So I first made a sleeve of green and purple. If you notice from the picture the bottom is tighter then the top. It looks nice and works to hold the cell phone in place. And was completely unplanned and a result of using two different weight yarns. I call it my joker sleeve.  As with the apple cover I wondered just how much protecting a granny square was for my phone. Sure it wouldn't scratch but my purse is a mine field in itself. Hence the orange yarn came out and the bit or orange fabric I had was used. Along with a WOW timecard, think plastic like a gift card but larger, I cut the timecard down to provide further protection to the screen. The plastic pieces were sewn between the fabric and crochet to make my snappy new case. I would have made the flap a tiny bit longer if I had a do-over. I added a brown crochet button and sha-zam!






 


No comments:

Post a Comment