Translate

Friday, March 27, 2015

Crochet Snakes - SSssssss

Snakes
Ravelry - Snake



I needed a creative break from the teachers kids gifts and decided to make this snake pattern I found on Ravelry. It worked up really quick. I had originally decide to sew the top and bottom together with a whip stitch but I didn't like the look and It bled stuffing. I ended up sc joining the top and bottom and though its really flat it looks fine. The camo and yellow variegated yarns look better together than I thought they would. My son adores the finished product and has tried to 'wear' it to school.




I later made my own attempt with the camo yarn in a continuous spiral sc. The head was shaped with different stitches and inc and dec. He turned out really well. I wish I'd written it down. I might try to reproduce it. I started at the nose with a magic ring. at about row 4 I took a piece of yarn through a stitch to mark the bottom or belly. After that increases where only done on the top of the head. One row had a sc and a hdc and another row was a sc3tog, sc2tog, sc3tog centered on the top. From then the body was decreased on the sides. Toward the tail there was a decrease on each side and then a single dec on the top. The final stitches were woven with the tail and cinched shut. I stuffed and shaped the head and then continued to stuff every couple of rows loosely to give the body plenty of bend.





I have this huge bag of fiberfill so I'm thinking that there will be more animals in my near future. I also want to make my oldest son a new hat. He wears the winter hat I made him last year near constantly. I think I might need new yarn for that though. I'm also considering another scrap blanket. I like the design of the multi squares in rows you then sew together.

No comments:

Post a Comment