Translate

Friday, March 27, 2015

Easter gift for teachers kids

Butterfly Purse, for 5 yr old girl

I saw a you tube video in which a snail bag was made. I loved it. I thought a butterfly would be a cute design for a little girl. The front and back are 2 triangle motifs with rounds counts of 3 and 4 for the top and bottom wings. A strip was joined to both sides with sc giving the purse width. I thought it looked plain so I added the colored circles and tear drops. The center 'body' is crochet in a continuous spiral and stuff with fiberfill. the strap is a magic circle with chain loops for petals (10ch) 2 petals at ch5 slst around previous flower petal and ch4 to join in a chain. The multi colored chain and cinch around the butterfly's neck pulls and hold the purse closed. I'm of mixed opinion about the finished product. Perhaps its too much pink.






Bunny Lovey, for 3 yr old girl





The original ideal was for a combination small blanket - stuffed animal. I ended up making the animal with a blanket 'swatch' for a body. The bunny head has big ears and sleepy eyes. There are paws with little pink 'pads' and even a fluffy pom bunny butt. It's cute in a Beatrice Potter sort of way. Again mixed feelings about the finished work.






Shark pouch, for 7 yr old boy
Ravelry - Shark Pouch
Moogly Site - Shark Time Pouch



A design by Moogly. Though its a bit stubby. I left out a few rounds because it was a small skein of yarn. At just over 10" its certainly capable of holding pencils or markers. It's an interesting almost metallic denim color and the plastic eyes are hot glued on. The zipper worked well and was salvaged from an old purse. This I like.







This teachers children were a bit younger then I originally thought. That means the 'dice pouch' I shrunk to a smaller egg shaped bag with beaded ties wasn't such a good ideal. No beads on the purse as well. And all the other pieces needed to be crochet and securely attached so they weren't exactly what I first envisioned. I guess its fine for the little thank you I wanted to extend. Maybe I just doubt my own projects a bit too much. Ehh, they're kids, if the items hold their interest for more then 30 minutes combined after the Easter weekend I'd be amazed.



No comments:

Post a Comment