Translate

Sunday, March 15, 2015

It's really March already?

Wow. Time has flown by. I got most of the teacher and helper items done for xmas and put the needles away for a bit. The Celtic bag never got finished. More because I have to borrow a sewing machine than anything else. The beginning of the year has been cold. really cold. When I get the pics done to post I have a new  warm slipper to show off and not much else. I made my son a black wrist band with the pink ribbon logo for breast cancer to celebrate the return of his former teacher who is back after her battle with cancer. (No pics there) Besides digging into the scrap bag for odds and ends I haven't been inspired. A few days ago my grandmother sent a WIP she's had for some time to me. Her eyesight has made it hard for her to continue to crochet. Finishing off the cotton round table topper was enough to get me checking out patterns. My mom usually makes bunny baskets to hold her homemade chocolate eggs for teachers for Easter. This year the cold seems to have her hands hurting too much to make them. We re purposed the apple cover owls I made that never made it to school for the job. I've since found a project or two to work on. A few dragon egg drawstring pouches made like Easter eggs and a blanket for my youngest. The 'Creeper' from minecraft done in granny squares and using much more black yarn than I was expecting should be done in another day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment