Translate

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Seth's Hooded Sweater

I am so proud of this sweater. I was never good at making clothes. Probably because when you first start to crochet your tension varies and your stitches then vary and edgings always seem off. Now I feel like I crochet like a machine and I had this lovely yarn I really wanted to make my son something he could wear. His classroom is usually warm but the halls are cool so this sweater is made in a baby weight yarn I found on sale and bought all they had. Its a beautiful super soft light blue with slightly dark variations throughout, by Bernat. They edgings are done in a baby weight yarn in a darker blue with a pearly like yarn thru it. It's slightly heavier and definitely not as soft as the bernat. The patter is from red heart. It called for worsted weight yarn and an f and h hook. With the baby weight I used a e and g hook and for my seven yr old who wears 7/8's I used the largest size variation (size 10). So lighter weight yarn, smaller hook, larger size to compensate. It fits him well and he loves how soft it is. And of course he loves anything with a hood.

There was a point I was going to make this a vest with a hood. The pattern can easily be altered to accomplish it. Just an ideal. My son loves hoods and this he could wear in school over another shirt. You can yeah or neigh the large pocket too. I know I will use this pattern again. As soon as I find a nice stash of yarn perfect for it.





I almost forgot the cute beanie hat I made from the same yarn. Hood or not on a chilly day a beanie cant be beat

No comments:

Post a Comment