Translate

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Swag Bag in purple

This was an interesting project. I didn't really have anyone in mind when I made it, just a lg skein of purple yarn to use. There is a granny square version I liked as well. I'm sure if you searched you tube for "granny square bag" you'd find it. This bag was a video tutorial from Onevirtuiouswoman. There is a printed version available. Although she does a great job of taking you through a possibly more then a day project for some. The crochet handles were added later after watching a video by xxcountrygirl1986xx. I lined my bag which was an interesting first as it was done along with croc stitch bags I did for Xmas.


Knowing me I would have this bag spilling all over the place so Ive been considering a flap to go over the top between the handles and securing the sides. I have a lattice looking piece that I was going to cover in purple and white flowers and such just because the rest of the purse is a lil plain. But I tend to go over the top so it's as yet a work in progress

Most of the flowers made can be found Here. The tiny butterflies were a video tutorial from Dreambiglover. There is also a dragon fly and multi budding flowers that where just inspired by the real things as I was playing around with the designs. By the way none of that is sew in place so thats why you see alot of string and loose ends.



No comments:

Post a Comment