Translate

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ski Mask

A ski mask just in time for the only snow I've seen lay on the ground here. This is for my youngest son, he is 7. This mask fits fine It'd made exact to pattern except for one thing. The pattern seems to suggest working in rounds. But with a double crochet there is a sizable gap from the end of one round to the start of another. I simple sl st to join each round instead. Did I mention this hat fits fine!

By the way the pattern is From grandma's Heart

Now I tried to repeat this pattern for my son in black, but with 2 eye holes, and no mouth. You see the openings better in the patterns pics. They are kinda large for a 7 yr old. For the eyes I added to the opening on the sides and connected 2 stitches in the middle. I have taken that project apart 3 times now. I was sure it was the same kind of yarn but apparently black doesn't stretch as well as the white did and we haven't gotten a good fit yet. When we work it out I'll be sure to post my alterations.

No comments:

Post a Comment