Translate

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Owl

This was supposed to be stuffed. at the time I couldn't find my stuffing. Its sitting on a cd spindle and I kinda like it. Maybe the teacher can use it as a puppet or to hide a candy jar?
That blue shows really bright/light in the picture its darker, like a cornflower blue.
The chest is gray and the back is a baby blue/gray mix. Why blue? cause that was my mothers first comment. Why not? some people like blue, besides the colors looked nice together and I had them, there in my stash just waiting to be used.


Yeah the back was supposed to be more of those crochet fingers there but the pattern was confusing as heck. Hooter is the name of the pattern BTW and was on a site of free owls for foster kids.

So my back is done in a soft pretty blue/white gray mix and in the croc tear stitch. Its interesting looking if nothing else. And soft enough to pet.

I didn't follow the pattern too much at all. As it does NOT produce the owl in the photo. So I tried to copy the pic as best I could. The main thing I'd do differently would be the join of the back/chest the eye area is OK, but the back of the cowl looks goofy. Hope the teacher likes it. I think he is pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment