Translate

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Seth's crochet German Shepard

Now for the project that got me posting. I completed it in a few hours. I wanted to have it on the kitchen table waiting for my son. He's had a rough time of it. We are all trying hard but Seth's new motivation is a puppy, a real live puppy. he's picked out a German Shepard and given it a name already. The school got him a picture to remind him of the prize when he gets his work done and I printed a pic out for him at home and that is when I thought I could whip out a cute crochet pal to keep him company till the real thing is earned. The pattern is German Shepherd by Beth Webber and can be found on her blog. She is very talented and has a lot of designs she shares, including her manga creations.
I didn't have the plastic looking eyes so I made my own out of brown and black crochet thread.  I also added a bit more brown to the right ear and to the tops of the back legs. Plus the red collar, Seth's favorite color...this week.

No pipe cleaners so that's a trimmed bending straw in the tail.

Ain't he CUTE!  Love you Seth!

Red Collar: ch 30, hdc in 3rd chain from hook, hdc across to last 2 stitches, sc, then sl st in last. fasted off and weave in end. This end of collar should be somewhat pointed. Join with hdc forth from end, ch 4 sl st in bottom of same hdc, sl st to end, ch 4, sl st in top of ending hdc, sl st to starting st, fasten off and weave in ends. The chain 4's act like belt loops, thread the "pointed' end under loops.

No comments:

Post a Comment