Translate

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

crochet celtic knot

I saw a piece of jewelry online that was a woven Celtic knot. I thought I wonder if I could do that in crochet. I tried it with chains but it just looked funky. Then i found a video about making I chords in crochet. I made a large one


It's laying on top of my camera case and is about the size of a belt buckle. Pretty good for my first try but its so big I'm not sure what to do with it. It's made with 2 long cords one of each color. I suppose it would look decent as a ladies belt. I made a smaller one that fit around my wrist and my son confiscated it to go with his other red and black pieces. I made another in baby yarn in white and baby blue. It's a smaller knot as well.



This has potential with refined yarns, threads and such. I made another knot recently but since I'm just posting I'll include its picture here, It was made with baby weight yarn in pink but a larger hook.It has open spaces so I tacked the overlapping points together. It's also kinda large and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it.


I suppose I could snip the ends and wear it as a pin. Valentines day is tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment