Translate

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Baby sneakers and Angel WIP

Oh My it's Feb. already! I've been doing nothing for months. Shameful, I know. Well I made some crochet pumpkins and a witch or two for Halloween..

For my son's birthday in Nov. I made a sort of a Batman dress up set. Black fingerless gauntlets, black mask, and black boots (slippers). There was of course a yellow utility belt with pouches, slots for tiny crochet bat shaped "throwing stars"and a pair of crochet wrist shackles and key. Would you believe the key took the longest to figure out. I had pictures, they somehow disappeared off my camera. If I can find it I will add pictures at a later date. I will say that I could have done some things better. Like the yellow belt tied around the waist and I made it very light to do so, but it was still a bit heave and if done again I would get an old work belt and wrap the crochet around it, Or maybe just add the emblem and pouches if the belt were black and in decent shape. I also made the mask to tie around the head. It resembled an extended cat eye mask and although it was OK I would probably make it into more of something resembling a ski mask with the opening for the nose down to the chin. The key took awhile to shape like I wanted. I have made earrings of thread before and stiffened them by spraying with starch and ironing. I mistakenly tried this with the key, made of worsted weight yarn, it drastically flattened and was so limp it folded like paper. I made a second key with the same yarn and very tight stitches instead.

I made my aunt a "Bath and Beauty" set for x-mas. A soap saver, scrubbie, washable facial puffs, and a shower puff made to lie flat to dry. Gifted it in a pretty slanted rib stitch bag made in variegated Christmas yarn with braided gold yarn ties.

Sometime between my last entry and Halloween I made some baby shoes. I was on a baby trip for awhile and have plenty of the items just collecting dust. These Lil shoes were so cute though. The pattern was found on raverly, free of course. Try searching "Baby Converse" I left the emblems off the ones I made but they are still so cute. They never made it to their intended baby feet so they're in a bag in my projects box now.





Then I had this ideal for a gift for my mother. She likes angels and I wanted to make one in crochet. It never got finished, because well I start out with the best of intentions then I remember my mother never likes anything I make...so yeah. Here are the WIP pics.





I made the dolls body first. Its just crochet and a bit of stuffing. Then the dress which is made of something between a yarn and a ribbon material. The face and eyes are hand stitched embroidery thread. Its a Christmas angel so the thing on her arm is a furred muff made with balky yarn. A large red bow and thread holly leaves and gold thread accents (berries?...) The hat is the bulky fluffy yarn with the flat top the same shiny ribbon of the dress, The mess of strings are just that. I made thread roses to accent the hat and dress and you see some of them pinned on as I wasn't sure of the placement yet. There is a white rose pinned to her shoulder as well because I was going to place roses along the neckline. They took away from the shape of the dress though. She didn't get hair yet. I wanted to make her strawberry blond and couldn't find the shade I wanted in my stash. I was also considering making her fuzzy boots to match the muff and hat. Oh and the wings, I have yet to find the perfect wings for her, I will probably do something in white thread.  If she ever gets finished. Then what would I do with her.

So then my little corner of the world became much smaller as this is the area the Christmas tree stands in for the 2 weeks or so its up. The recliner that I usually hide my small stash and WIP behind gets moved to make way for the tree. So I clean up all my stuff and pack it into a container till its safe to bring back the recliner. Which didn't really happen until Jan. when my oldest son asked for a scarf. Which will be the post after next. So all those weeks away I was playing WOW. World of Warcraft an online multi player game. I have to admit I've been addicted for awhile though I didn't think my infatuation would outlast the obliteration of my guild. I spent alot of time playing before this guild and will continue now that its gone. I'm quite sad though. But on to the next post so we can get all updated like.

No comments:

Post a Comment