Translate

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cowls...

I was looking for something to make for my grandmother for christmas. She is Always cold. My mother mentioned something about her wanting high neck tops and I thought something like a crochet fake turtle neck would work great. She could switch them out with outfits and keep the draft off her neck. I particularly liked the mobius cowls but they arn't quite what I'm looking for here. I really want something that starts below the shirt, is snug but not too tight and maybe even taper up towards the chin. As of yet I haven't found just what I'm looking for. There are many amazing patterns out there and this seems like an ideal gift this year for anyone looking for last minute ideals. Something that isn't a huge time sapper, is in fashion, and extremely useful. The two cowls I made were done in one evening of experimenting. I so far prefer the bulkier yarns. The white was done in the baby clouds yarn and the other was a red heart I had left over from the scarf. (which I honestly thought of dismembering in favor of making a few of the cowls)


I'm still searching for the ideal pattern. I hope I find it before xmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment