Translate

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Croc Stitch - Exp. 3 Yellow Drawstring Purse

 Yeah I like the croc stitch in baby weight yarn. I know the lighting sucks on my pics I'll have to make more of an effort then taking shots right in front of the PC from now on. This turned into a really cute project. Shame I have no little girls to give stuff like this too. The yarn is an old skein of Jamie baby yarn in pastel yellow. It was used and I still have a bit left so I'd say 3/4 of the 1.75 oz skein for the body of the project.
I started with a ch of 80 and joined in row 2 into a circle.
 There are 4 rows of petals (scales). 3 rows of dc. 2 rows of open patterns(dc, skip, 2 dc, skip, repeat)
The first row of the open pattern at 4 equal distant stitches I used 2 dc of the row before to make a petal stitch. It's tighter and more pulled in on itself then the others but it looks nice. I may use sewing thread to put one stitch in the lower end between 5th dc and first dc of next side. But I like the look of a more immature petal on the top
 There is a slight ruffle along the top edge. Simple ch 3 st repeat around. The pull string is a long chain. I was thinking of something else but wanted something to have in there for the pictures so I took apart a small granny square I had of the same yarn and chained the whole length so I wouldn't have to cut it. But ya know I really like the long chain in there. I may add something petals, leaves to the end of the chains and just have a sliding slip knot in it.

The bottom is done in a worsted weight wool yarn. Dec dc around till the hole is about one inch in diameter and then dec sc until your down to a few stitches then sewn closed with a yarn needle. I'll place something round and stiff in the base because the bottom is a different color yellow then the rest I don't want it to sag down with the weight of anything in side and be seen

No comments:

Post a Comment