Translate

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Croc Stitch - Exp. 2 brown purse

I was at Walmart the other day and while exploring clearance end caps while waiting for my son's prescription I found a bit of yarn for $1 a skein there were 5 in brown and a couple blue and one in light purple. My grandmother likes purple so I picked that up and grabbed the brown because hey it was a dollar. The yarn is Promo Fil and although its extremely soft (dk weight) I don't think I would have bought it if it wasn't on clearance. Below the tiny print that says hand wash only it also says, "Do not mix colors in same knit." Huh.
The skein is  2.47 oz or 197 yards the above swatch is nearly an entire skein. Its not quite what I wanted. This croc stitch consumes massive amounts of yarn. I have a feeling this will get absorbed into another project. I prefer the more delicate look that lighter weight yarn gives the stitch this would make a hefty scarf although I'd go for a much more narrow look perhaps only 3 or 4 scales wide even.

No comments:

Post a Comment