Translate

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pop Heart

Why am I crocheting hearts in Nov? I thought my Mom would love this. I had some bright green yarn, mom's fave color, and this sure looked like a stocking stuffer.

The bear from last post is holding the pop heart. The pattern is currently free at Diana Buss's blog site. It's copywrited, which is too bad these would have been really cute for my Son's school craft fund raiser(Jan-Feb). I made a second for a friend but I think I'm going to leave it unstuffed with a tail. She likes to do things with scents, oils, potpourri, ect. I'm sure she will find a way to incorporate that into the stuffing.
There are some things I'd like to note to help you along. The pattern is simple and straight forward. I almost wish american patterns were written this way. But incase you need the extra words m2 = 2 sc in same stitch. LOL I printed my copy out and added stitch counts for each row. It helped a little. Unless your capable of keeping perfect count of stitches I firmly recommend you use something to mark your rounds. I found if you leave long enough tails you can use the center string for each cup and then after you join use the tail from joining the 7 stitches. All I do is pull the yarn a bit through the first stitch or each round. Normally I would use a bit of yarn of some contrasting color making it easy to see. All those pins and clips just get in the way. You dont have to use something fancy to just mark a stitch. At the bottom of the post I'll leave a list of end counts for the rows. Even with the counts and marking my stitches I still messed up both hearts somewhere between rows 15 and 20. The first time I kept unraveling the work. I think I was just tired. cause I never figured out what I did wrong. The second heart I was like pfft. When I came up with 1 extra st I worked in and extra dec. no biggie the heart still looks great. I originally counted the stitches because I couldnt find my error and wanted to make sure the counts were right. Make sure your making the stitches relatively tight. The dec and the stitch after tend to have a longer loop and any loose stitches will show the stuffing thru.




The last pic is up to the 25th round. I'll stuff and shape the cups and finish it to 28. Then I'll weave the ends to make it more of a drawstring closure. That way my friend can add whatever they like and or change it.

BTW the double ring at the beginning made a nice job of closing up the ring, I'll definitly be using that elsewhere.

Round / ending stitch count
cup A
1/6
2/12
3/18
4/24
5/30
6/33
7/36
8/36
9/39
10-11/39
cup B
1/6
2/12
3/18
4/24
5/30
6/36
7/39
8/42
9/45
10/45
11-13/48
14/73
15/69
16/65
17/60
18/55
19/49
20/42
21/36
22/30
23/24
24/18
25/18
26/12
27/12
28/6
29/5

No comments:

Post a Comment