Translate

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Easy Slippers



These were definitely easy. Basically a rectangle folded in half with one end cinched together. I found the pattern at Bev's Country Cottage . My version uses an I hook. My starting chain was 36. I increased to get a larger size but with the bigger hook I should have stayed with 32 or 34 as the slipper is slightly large for my ladies size 10 foot. I used 2 strands of worsted weight yarn for rows 1-5 and 11-15 and added a third strand for rows 6-10(which ends up the bottom of your slipper). Cinch the end and turn inside out. A single row of sc around opening with my off color. I considered the cuff and though perhaps to add a ribbed larger cuff, which I was going to do after seeing how it fit. But I decided I like it as is. With the extra yarn they are quite warm. I'm not sure how bl only stitches would be warmer , wouldn't that pull the stitches further apart then both loops? I don't like the ridged look it would have created hence mine are worked in both loops throughout. They work up extremely fast. I can see how these would be a good project for donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment