Translate

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Croc Stitch - Exp. 1 Pink Purse

 This started life as a test swatch for the croc stitch. I was following a tutorial by Teresa (link is a video). My starting ch was 40. I used some scraps of yarn so the most I can tell you is the actual "scales" were made of a baby weight yarn with a slow variegation. It just so happened to be the dk pink came out in the middle there. Totally unplanned but looked so nice I thought I'd make something of it. The back is a panel of dc along with handles made with red heart worsted weight in pink.

The purse ideal actually came from someone else who used the same video tutorial for a babe hat. While looking through her blog I found a tutorial for a Bag handle the front of which was a croc stitch panel. My handle is a bit thicker but you get the general ideal from the video. I would have made both sides the croc stitch if I'd had more of the yarn. The silver there is an old fabric I had that will someday be a lining for the purse. perhaps a zipper as well if I'm feeling adventurous.

I've seen other ways of doing this stitch and I have to say Teresa's version is so far the best, for me. Maybe it's easier for some to make a whole line of V stitch and skip every other one but with all the yarn you use, and this stitch uses alot of yarn, why waste any when one dc will do. I suppose there may be confusion over the ending as well but all I can say is practice. Use old yarn and work it out over a few rows. You'll find what works best for you and you'll see the pattern at the end of rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment