Translate

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Project Update: Bag of many colors


 






I decided from looking at my pictures that the sewn over line was NOT substantial enough. So I went back and slip stitched black over the lines, which worked perfectly! One of my main concerns had been keeping those lines straight so the pattern would look good across the stitches. This did just the trick and I'm glad it worked out this way. It looks much better. I "outlined" the diamond patterns on the sides of the bag as well and they cleaned up nicely. I still havent lined the bag as I'm trying to decide if I should insert something to help it keep it's shape and what that something should be. I had considered foam board but one bend or crack and any shaping would be lost. So this is still a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment