Translate

Monday, November 3, 2014

Crochet Convertable Cowl - Hat with ponytail hole

I love this cowl....hat... YES! It's both. It's recently gotten quite chilly in my corner of the world. This item will keep my neck warm and stiffy free (yeah I said it) when my hellion son demands the window be left open because he's HOT.

 I realized I purchased too many balls of yarn for the shawl I was working on. The yarn is beautiful. Waterworks by Redheart . So I whipped up a little present for myself. The design is based on a pattern from April Daven. She creates some fantastic stuff. Each section of my project is a different stitch. There is a lattice cross over, brick stitch and a mesh stitch as well as some plain old dc. I was in one of those I've got projects going all over but I don't feel like working on any of them funks.
I even added some pony beads and tassels to the ties. I have long hair for the first time in my life really. More then just past my shoulders anyway. It's sometimes interesting to manage. This hat will let me not worry about my hair making my hat bulge or fit strangely over a scrunchie. I can't live without my scrunchie!








Sheregal Project page on Ravelry
Ravelry Pattern Page for Convertible Hat, Designers direct link to pattern site

No comments:

Post a Comment