Translate

Monday, November 3, 2014

Crochet small Purses

The original pattern for this bag was a full sized purse. This version is maybe 6"x8" Perfect for a child or tween. Or even just to toss keys and a cell phone in. I got the yarn for 1$ and its really pretty. Dark jewel tones that my camera/lighting can't do justice too. I only had one skein though. And this stitch was perfect. I made two. This is a tad smaller then the other. I made a crochet button and a small flap holds the top closed. The handle is a crochet i cord. The flower was an afterthought. Just a pattern I wanted to try and thought it would look nice with the small bag. There is a pin on the back so it is removable. Because I never like to settle for a single embellishment for long periods.



The flower is a download on Ravelry.
The petals are made one at a time, though linked. Then you sew the sides to cinch together. 










 The second bag is unfinished because I can't decide if I should line it or not. It's a decent size for an evening bag and I have black sparkly fabric that would look great. I hate to hand sew and I'll leave it until I finish my Celtic Tote and perhaps make a lining when I drag the sewing machine out.
Side of bag
Bottom of bag














I did make a few changes. I altered the stitch counts in the bottom of the bag to continue the pattern around the sides without a break. Not to mention to make the entire bag smaller





Sheregal Project page on Ravelry

Ravelry Pattern Page for Nordstrom crochet hobo bag , Designers direct link to pattern site
Ravelry Pattern Page for 6 petal flower



No comments:

Post a Comment