Translate

Monday, November 3, 2014

Crochet Soap Saver Bag, 3D rose, round & heart facial puff


Project catch up time. My left arm is still a bit numb but I can feel deadlines approaching and I'll never get everything I wanted done if I don't get on with it.

As part of the Bath Sets I'm putting together I made this soap saver. The name brings to mind piles of bits of left over soap. That and some plastic molding pot my mom used to drop soap bits in to press them into some penny pinching Frankenstein soap. I like this much better. Slide in a full bar, which I'll include in my sets, and use the 'soap saver' to wash with. The soap stays inside and you use it till the last bit is nothing but suds. Rinse it and toss it in the washing machine to start over on a new bar.

The end ties are tiny rose buds. I have previous posts on the rose scrubbie and Ditty Bag I'll package it in. Once the whole set it complete I'll post to show both sets. But I did some decorating on the second sets bag and I thought this bag could use something. So I found a rose pattern and will make pins of a pink and blue rose. So the new owner can remove the 3D flower and use it to accent other items if desired.


 I've been considering some plainer scrubbies as well. Working from the pattern for the white puff I made some changes to get a heart shape. I have a terrible habit of leaving tails until I'm totally finished with a project. Just in case something doesn't come out as planned or I scrape the ideal it's easier to frog the item then waste the yarn. Anyway the heart would look more heart like if that tail was fastened off and tucked away. I'm not sure if it's going to make it into the rose set yet. Because, well it's a heart. I will be working on a shell version for the other set though and I'll post the patterns when they are complete.


Sheregal Project page on Ravelry
 Ravelry Pattern Page for Soap Saver, Designers direct link to pattern site, Moogly
 Ravelry Pattern Page for Facial Puff, Designers direct link to pattern site
 Designers direct link to pattern tutorial on You Tube for Easy Crochet 3D Flower by Yolanda Soto Lopez

No comments:

Post a Comment