Translate

Monday, November 3, 2014

Hang to dry Crochet Bath puff and beach bag embellishment

This was actually a wip from a bit ago. Intended for my bath set but I couldn't see including a puff and a soap saver in the same set. So the shell set was conceived. This is a great design. I had a prior version that was kid confiscated because it was 'softer' then the mesh kind and still gave a good lather.



It's on my list to make a shell shaped facial scrubbie. I wanted to get the bag done first.  I love the Ditty Bag pattern. I busted out my scrap bag once again and have been experimenting. I made a rainbow Ditty. I varied where the rows began to move That line around. The second scrap bag was sea and sand colors. I crossstitched a wave pattern on and some small embellishments. I searched and located a method to hide Those lines, sorta. I almost kept the beach bag for myself but I have finished another and I'm being picky with what I want on it.


   
THAT line, sigh.
Better Line

Second Beach bag
Can you see the Line????  

My wip. Without the purple it doesnt pop so much but the greens and blues are better blended. Now I need to decorate it.












Wow, right. The line is almost none existent. The join to prevent the jog in color does leave a mark. It runs diagonal from the bottom right to upper left in the pic. Can you see it? Evil laughter. Yes the line is no more. Well enough anyway. 







While the other bags finish at about 7"x 6 1/2" (48 stitches & 24+ rounds plus edging and handle)
I just had to make The Itty Bitty Ditty. 3 3/4" x 2 1/2" (24 st at last round and 9 rounds + edging and handle) Isn't it cute???

They would be great for advent calendars or just to hang on the tree with a special, and tiny, treat or present inside.

A few ideals for my beach bag:

I could not find an applique for a wave anywhere. So I made one. Worsted weight & g hook verses 6 strand thread and a 2.00 mm

Dragon Fly!!!!!! enough said.













Ravelry Pattern Page for Bath Puff, Designers direct link to pattern site
Ravelry Pattern Page for Ditty Bag, Designers direct link to pattern site

Designers direct link to pattern site, Dragon Fly Applique



No comments:

Post a Comment