Translate

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Granny Ripple Stitch Baby Blanket


 I first saw the Granny Ripple Stitch on a you tube response video. After tracking the original tutorial video down I couldn't wait to try the pattern. The printed version is here, A Trunk-Full O' Fun  , and the video tutorial is on Bethintx1's Video Channel. Beth has many  nice videos. They are well worth watching, sometimes they are a little slow for the seasoned crochet person but you wont miss a stitch and she is pleasant enough to watch throw the slow points.
This blanket was made with yarn I had on hand. Bernat in the variegated and green and Jamie(older yarn) in fisherman which was an off white which next to the variegated could be pale yellow. (Smile...yeah I know but it's what I had) The Bernat was beautiful yarn in Easter Basket, I got it on sale so I'm sure its seasonal, and Mint. The green colors really appealed to me and I was trying to highlight that with the mint.

Intent on making a set I started on booties. I dislike most of the booties I saw online. They just seemed to have very little shape and I wasn't really looking for a girly show. I wanted this to be for a boy or girl. So the booties I manage to construct from a pattern I had once seen online for men's slipper socks. i will be attempting to find that pattern to give some credit but as of yet I can't find anything like it. It was different in that you started with the ribbing at the top, then added a tongue, then added rows around the T shape to construct the sides and bottom of the shoe, then its sewn up the back seem. So do I consider this an original pattern inspired by something else or is it a shrunken version of existing pattern , even though I cant find original I remember seeing to copy it?
I'll add the pattern for the booties in an edit because all I have are a page of scribbled notes at the moment. The babies hat however was another video tutorial of one of my favorite online people Mikey. From his Crochet Crowd Channel this is his complete vid for Vintage Preemie Hat. As with the booties this was a find in that it wasn't too frilly and would suit a boy or a girl.

 Next I wanted a bib and I was looking at first for something to match st of blanket. I had to make something but I wasn't quite happy with it.
So I thought something a little more vintage looking like the hat and booties would be better. I had a pattern in mind but yet again I couldn't find it. This was an old Annie's Attic design. I played with what I remembered until I got the center part of the bib right. The Edging I remembered was bordering on the too frilly side so I added my own.
The pattern for this is just a jumble of notes right now too, so if it's something you want to see ask and I'll make these priority to get edited with the actual pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment