Translate

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Jumbo Cathrine Wheel Stitch lap Blanket

While I'm thinking about Mikey and his wonderful videos I might as well include a work in progress. My lap blanket made with the Jumbo Pinwheel (Cathrine Wheel) stitch. Inspired by the rainbow blanket I dug out a bunch of scraps intending to test out the pattern. I now have samples of the scrap yarn I used in a zip lock in my purse so I can try to match some of the colors next time I yarn shop so I can enlarge the blanket.

It was originally supposed to be enough to cover my legs at the computer. I should have enough to complete a 3rd run of color pattern, but beyond that I'm not sure. So If I find yarn I might make it full size. It's wide enough because I wanted it to wrap around my legs. Maybe I'll get as far as I can and whip st shut the bottom and some of the back and it will be like sliding part way into a sleeping bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment