Translate

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Star Wars Blanket

This is the finished center panel of an unfinished blanket. It  is approx. 2ft x 3 ft. it is an original design that was intended as a Christmas present for my oldest son's older half brother. I made his sister  a blanket of mauve and sea green with applique roses and tea pot  and cups. Tea In the Rose Garden. The tea pot and cups were held on by buttons and they came off so you could lay the blanket down and pretend to have tea among the roses. I was offered more hours and better pay at the job I was working and never had time to finish the second blanket. I've had this panel for about 16 years now!
But the pattern is long gone. Can homemade craft items be considered memorabilia? Perhaps the next time Star Wars is released I'll have someone to complete it for although I've thought of just framing it as a wall hanging


No comments:

Post a Comment