Translate

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Odds and Ends

This is one of my stashes of yarn and incomplete or homeless projects. And that's one of the big tucker tubs jack. I have a few smaller ones to go  with it.
That is a small child hiding under one of my first ever completed afghans. I believe its called the larksfoot stitch (for some reason I wanna call it broomstick stitch) That blanket is still with us somewhere. I think its in the truck of the car and was used for the drive in we used to frequent. ( Yay Bengie's) Along the right side in the middle you can just see my son's Finding Nemo pillow I made him peaking out from under the daybed. Small sc panel with back sewn over old bed pillow folded in half.
Sadly that pillow was lost the last time we moved. I still have the pattern but since my son has moved on so have I.


 Assorted Christmas Stockings. The original pattern was in a book by Vanna White. But the same pattern can also be found for free on Lion Brands site, although I believe you have to sign in. Guess since she has a yarn line with them it all works out. Holiday stocking
I've made various combinations of designs with this patten. I like it because it looks like a stocking and not like some of the toed tubes I've seen. This pattern also calls for a bit of sewing up the back seem with a craft needle. The stocking itself has 5 distinct areas that can be made of different colors to vary your stockings. The leg, heel, foot, toe, and topping trim. Lion Brand has variations with applique's you can sew onto stocking. Xmas trees, snowman, etc. I have blocked designs into the leg of the stocking itself, including snowflakes and a Cowboy's football emblem for a fan of the team. You can also change the type of yarn for the trim fun fur or I prefer something made by red heart called baby clouds its super bulky to make that stocking feel like its really fur lined. I have also altered the pattern to make a half size stocking which I used to give business associates baked goods in. Its a nice treat and thoughtful enough for those you don't know well but want to include in your holiday gift giving. ( Or have to include as I considered it rude not to get my employees something when I worked retail) You could also slid in a gift card if you were at a real loss on someone (One lean year the employees got subway gift cards and cookies, hey it was more then they got me). I will likely make a future post with a new half size stocking and the altered pattern for anyone who is interested.


Original Pattern born of necessity
This is a soap pouch. Just slide your favorite soap inside and pull the draw strings closed. The popcorn st should give you some texture to scrub with,but not harsh like luffa. I made this because I share a bathroom with a house full of people and would rather not share soap when I don't like wash clothes. I just hang my soap pouch on a suction cup hook in the shower.

Here are 4 panels from a cross stitch booklet I transferred to a crochet pattern. There were 2 more panels I think definitely missing Daffy here at least. Sylvester had a run in with some duct tape and the cotton was pulled and is a bit fuzzy. I had planned on tryng to use a sweater shaver on it to see if it would help and it never got beyond that point. perhaps I could make Loony throw pillows with them



 A sweet yellow baby dress stalled at the repetative skirt










A Baby Granny Ripple afghan. I think I have a yellow fetish. I got this yarn after my local walMart did a reset and clearanced alot of it. It came in a HUGE egg it seems like a cross between baby yarn and textured carpet yarn (got 2 eggs for $1 each, who could resist)






White girls winter hat

Mile o minute pattern that wasn't

No comments:

Post a Comment