Translate

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Plush Baby Throw

This project was started when I found out our neighbor was pregnant, really pregnant. So I figure this would throw together easily in time to make her a nice gift basket or something with the other neighbors. But no one was interested. Ha. Then my son went over their house for their older little girls birthday party. When I finally got him out of the house he was crying and upset. The kid had painted, not just his nails, but his toes and most of his fingers in dark burgundy nail polish. She is a bit of a bully but I thought my son would speak up or something if it upset him this much. It took all the remover I had and a soak in a warm bath before he was good again. So... I don't tell my son to be nice anymore when he snaps at her, nor do I wonder why none of the other kids will play with her. My son was the only one who even went to her party. And the neighbor probably isn't getting the blanket unless I'm having a weak moment when she brings her next spawn home.

Materials
1 6oz skein of Red hearts baby clouds super bulky yarn in pink
1 6ok skein  "                                   "                           in  light blue
small amount of same in brighter blue
1/2 skein of same in white
you will need a large eyed craft needle ( I used my steal craft needle but threading was a pain)

plastic N hook

Square:
ch 12
row1: sc in second ch from hook, sc across, ch 1, turn (9)
row2-11: sc across, ch 1 turn
row12: 2 sc in first st,sc across to last st, 2 sc in st, pivot work to continue down side of rows, sc in end of each row, pivot at bottom edge to work across back of starting ch, 2 sc in first sc of starting ch, sc across to last st, 2 sc in last st, pivot to work along row edge, sc in each row up, sl st in first sc of row 10, fasten off

This makes 13x13 squares

Make:
5 light pink
4 light blue

Lay out your blocks, pink on each corner and in the middle , blue to fill in 4 sides. You could reverse that if you wanter more blue then pink, I used the brighter blue to help even out the colors so you may want to switch that as well, or you could do the blanket in light and dark blue if you knew it was for a boy. I used white to whip stitch the blocks together. After joining pick a spot to start your edging, everything is in sc, with 3 sc in the corners. This blanket has rounds in this order:

2 white
1 pink
2 brighter blue
1 white

The blanket measures about 2 1/2' x 2 1/2 ' (Square) It's smaller then an afghan but it's big enough to wrap around baby or over a car seat/stroller or to lay baby down for a nap on. It is decadently soft. This material washes well on delicate and dries flat or equally supported over rails/lines

 This blanket works up super fast. I finished the entire project in a day. This yarn used to be available at WalMart but thier selection keeps getting smaller. A craft store would have more color selection. I've even seen this type in dark burguny, green and gold as well as the other typical "baby" colors; green, yellow, and purple. It's the same yarn I use to top off my chirstmas stockings

No comments:

Post a Comment